Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Once Again!!

What a summer I've had..It's been one thing after another which started out with needing to go to Spokane to help my daughter and son in law...I was gone 3 weeks and honestly I don't mind..Taking care of my grandchildren and visiting with my terrific children makes it the best...Upon my arrival home, I had a few things needing to get accomplished like move into my own little studio - yeah!! This has been wonderful..Although tiny and still needing tweaking, it's been the best...

Last week my husband was laid off and we are unsure of how long this could be..Can you imagine a construction employee being laid off during one of their best months???..However, not this year, construction has been anything but the best...Oh well, another one of life's challenges..

Next, my husband's uncle past away on Sunday morning..We knew he had been struggling for a while now but has had those up and down days...He went into the hospital on Friday morning and we were told he wouldn't make the weekend..Then on Saturday he started feeling better and responded to his care..However, Saturday late night, he took a turn for the worse and my husband's poor aunt had to make the decision to take him off his machine..His brain was no longer with us..She stayed the night, sleeping a little but after talking to his daughter, it was decided to finally make the decision..I'm sorry he's gone, he was such a nice man but I do think he was really tired...

Early in his life he had polio and managed to beat it..Unfortunately, medicine 80+ years ago is now showing effects of some medical issues...He's been fighting and suffering for so long..The first thing out of his mouth to the doctor's was "no tubes"...We spent the afternoon with Lee's aunt..Took a loaf of bread which she seemed to appreciate, however, I think she was just happier to have us around..We hugged and talked about "Uncle Bob" and anything else that came up...

So, my crazy quilting certainly has taken a back burner to life..I would love to do more and in some ways can't wait until the winter is upon us again, so I have no reason to go outside for harvesting of vegetables or herbs, weeding gardens or anything else...

Whewwwww!!!!...But like everyone else, life brings challenges, adventures and many paths..The idea is to walk them all with head up and knowing the sun will shine tomorrow..Well...guess that is a funny statement when most of this month has been spent under clouds and lots of rain..

Happy Tuesday!!

2 comments:

blueladie said...

You and DH and family have my deepest sympathy and prayers.

love and hugs,
Cathryn

Ruby said...

I'm glad you and hubby were there for your Aunt. So sorry for your loss. Hope life smooths out for you.

Once again I love the new look your blog has blossomed! :)