Sunday, July 26, 2009

Good Morning

Its a very nice quiet Sunday morning..Last night, we had a few sprinkles come rolling through making this day a bit cooler - thank goodness. I haven't done much in the way of art recently but today is the day I do some CQing..There has been a few issues which has caused a bit of hindrance but I've decided if I want to do something then just go with the flow....

Lyn, is a creative CQer who is going to have a Santa Christmas Stocking exchange. This will be her first private exchange and several of us have signed up looking forward to it. She also has plans of doing them yearly if this one is a success. If you get a chance check out her blog, she is extremely creative. I know, I've been fortunate to receive a few of her gifts and they are absolutely lovely....

I have another friend Ann, who has helped me tremendously through the CQ world. When I first started a few months ago (Jan 09), she was there to hold my hand, direct me into the right place for information and always makes a point of complimenting my work...In fact, she's made me believe I can do it...Check out her blog, her work is fantastic..She's recently done some Altoid Tins through an exchange we were in...They are beautiful!!.

In beginning, my dear friend Nancy is the one who started me quilting...Little did she know I would end up being "crazy" but if it weren't for her, I wouldn't even be where I am at today..Nancy is a sane quilter but her work is incredible. She's a brilliant quilter, never even second guessing whether she can or can't, she just does...I am working on a Triple Irish Chain Quilt, which has over 1700 squares and she's right there, pushing me along...

There are more people in my life, that are instrumental in getting me to a place I love and as time goes on, I plan to mention all of them..But for today, on my quiet little Sunday here is the beginning..Check out their blogs, I guarantee you, it will be worth it...

Now, I'm off to do some "crazy quilting"..Tomorrow, I'll be working on my sane quilting but for this Sunday, I think I need some life with glitz, glamor and interesting work...

Happy Sunday!!

No comments: