Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October 17, 2006

My blog sure looks unattended doesn't it? It's been quite interesting the last two months, challenging, busy and even some added excitment. First, I've moved into my new home. Sounds great doesn't it? For me, it is, however, I admit for anyone else you would think I'm crazy. You would see a house under construction with little space, alot of dirt with tools and materials everywhere. But, I have a full kitchen with cupboards, a stove, microwave, counter tops and space. I have a huge window out my sink with nothing but nature to view. I have a bathroom, a full bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink..Our bed is in a loft, very limited space but my husband managed to get our queen size bed plus TV for comfort. Next to my bed is a gorgous view.

This weekend, we'll putting our floor in the kitchen, dinning room and entry hall. After that, we move in the big computer a small love seat and with any luck a coffee table into the actual dinning room area. Againk I know it doesn't sound like much but I love it and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I can move, breath and it's ours, all ours..Such a great feeling.

My granddaughter will be performing in a production called "The Toy Shop" in November. My son has been accepted into an accelerated Master's program for education and will graduate next August.

My dad is doing better with walking around after breaking his ankle and we received the great news that he is cancer free. However, my mom is facing pre-cancer surgery on her pancrease on the 26th of October. Lee's dad has been put into a mentally ill facility in WarmSprings and I'm afraid, he's no longer going to see his home unless my husband quits his job. That might be an option that we are considering but we'll have to wait and see as Lee still has an obligations to finish the construction of a beautiful credit union in Thompson Falls.

My writng, my art, my quilting, my cross stitching; even my reading has taken a back seat in my life. I miss it, I yearn for it and I'm trying to figure out what I can do by hand..I need it and quite frankly, it needs me.

Life certainly has challenges..I know they say what you survive, you become stronger, I must be very strong or atleast my husband is. I am doing better in alot of ways and I know how fortunate I am to have my husband, my family, my 5 perfect grandchildren and of course, my wonderful 3 children with their spouses and my friends, especially best friend.

Life isn't always what you want but you can make the choice to be happy. I know I'm happy even living under construction..I'm going to put up a couple of pictures of my kitchen from about a month ago, but I'll be taking pictures again very soon so be sure to stop by again and take a peek..

Well nix the pictures, blogger is having issues uploading pictures according to the message they just send me..So, I'll try again later..

1 comment:

Tonniece said...

Wow sounds as if you have a full plate. But as you say family and friends are a godsend.
Good to see your father is on the mend,and cancer free.
It is Oct 31 now, and I'm hopeing all went well with your mother's surgery.
As for your father-in-law, my heart go's out to you and your family. I know it must be so hard.

I hope you get to do more of you art/crafts soon, as I know how comforting it can be doing the things you love.

Sending hugs, and hopeing you get the house in order soon. It sounds like heaven.

Tonniece